Who's excited for hockey season?
I'm coach Lucia (Loo-chee-ahh) and my assistant this year will be Coach Ann-Marie.
I know you've gotten a lot of info today, so here's the TL;DR:
- We have practice TONIGHT!- We are now in ADM 2, if you weren't there already.
- Schedules- You can see the Flyers schedule and the ADM 2 (our practice) schedule here. They have not yet added all the games and practices. I just talked to the league, and they had some issues with the schedule so they deleted all the games. But those links will work when they do. And if you subscribe to the calendar on your phone they will update automatically.
- Manager Needed- We are looking for at least one and preferably two managers. This is a really important role and we appreciate your helping out with this. Here is the info on how to sign up.
- Drylands- Please let us know when you are generally available. We will be scheduling some optional dryland practices/ hockey movie nights throughout the season.
- Tournaments- Would you be interested in going to a Tournament in Athens on March 7/8 or to the house tournament at the end of the year? (Date not yet set)
Please read this when you get a chance:
A) Coach Background
Hi, I'm Lucia and I've been playing hockey for the past 25 years or so. I've played in 8 states, captained my college team at American University, and I play in the women's league here in Columbus. I'm currently the executive director at Eye on Ohio news.
Ann-Marie grew up playing pond hockey in Canada and has played regularly in a league for the past 16 years. Give her a shout out for serving as a firefighter in Jackson Township!
We both live in Grove City, we each have three kids, and we are really excited to coach your son or daughter this season.
B) Coaching Philosophy
Our goal is to teach the fundamentals of skills, endurance, and teamwork. We always try to give everyone an equal amount of ice time and give them practices that are appropriate for their age and skill.
C) Intermission Skates
We are going to try to get an intermission skate during an OSU game this year. This is also optional, but a lot of fun, and a great event for family and friends!
p.s. If you have not been to the OSU women's games, they are amazing and they are free! It blows my mind that a Division 1 hockey program doesn't charge for their tickets, as that would run you about $35 to $65 in Minnesota for example. But thanks to a billion dollar football program you don't have to worry about it! The men's games are a charge but they actually fairly reasonable, though with small children it's hard to know how long they will last.
D) Scheduling Conflict
I apologize that I (Lucia) will be away this weekend, I am playing in the Dirty Thirty Hockey Tournament up in Michigan. But I look forward to meeting each of you tonight.
E) Names on the backs of your Jerseys
If you'd like to get your name on the back of your jersey, a 2" name is included in the CCYHA cost. Please drop off your clean jersey to:
Egelhoffs (off 23 by Lazelle)
50 Dillmont Drive
Columbus, OH 43235
And let them know you're in the CCYHA.
F) New this year: Away games
Please note that some games, though technically "House" games, will still be played in Springfield as they are part of the CCYHA this year. But we only go there a few times I believe.
Team and individuals photos will be scheduled in November. Please keep an eye out for an email.
H) Contact Changes:
If you need to change your contact info, please do so through the website, so that we can send out info to the whole team at once.